They admit themselves that steam quality could be as low as 59%. The pressure in the E-Cat is probably near atmospheric. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jouni Valkonen" <jounivalko...@gmail.com>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:E-cat news at Nyteknik

2011/9/14 Alan J Fletcher <a...@well.com>:

50% fluid water 2.5% drops 47.5% vapour

This must be noted that these estimations are when temperature was ca.
118 °C or 90 kPa overpressure. After that temperature rose to 133°C
and overpressure to 170 kPa. Therefore 60-80% of water was evaporated
and E-Cat did work exactly as it should work. Actually I am somewhat
puzzled that indeed E-Cat is working such a perfect way that Rossi can
push output power so close to the maximum of the enthalpy absorption
ability of cooling water. This is either sure sign that technology is
very commercially mature or it is a hoax. It is no more just a lab
prototype, but commercially ready prototype.

I was glad to see that he DOES have a simple water trap in the outlet hose,
which separates the fluid water.

I wonder if there is now enough evidence for the "steam quality"
people to see that even after such high pressure difference hot water
and steam are clearly separated. I wonder how history will remember
this steam quality chapter, when prominent people (such as Krivit and
Ekström) were violently discussing about steam quality without knowing
what steam quality actually means.

When Rossi opens the outlet the pressure of the water and steam is clearly
greater than atmospheric.

Indeed, for me it is very consistent pressure difference that of in
autoclave although I have never dared to open the valve that fast as
they did.

I estimated the pressure drop through the mini eCat (March/April)
and hose -- it only came out to be (as I recall) about 3% -- assuming
a 2cm internal diameter pipe in the reactor and a 1cm diameter hose.
(I used an online calculator)

Actually the diameter of the orifice where the hose is attached is
probably the tightest place. And of course for steam backpressure, the
tightest place is what counts most. The diameter of the orifice is
considerably less than the inner diameter of the hose. I would
estimate it to be 5-10 mm. This should be consistent with ca. 1.0°C /
3.2 kPa overpressure and the steam volume that was produced ca. 2 kW
total power.

–Jouni