Am 14.09.2011 22:31, schrieb Horace Heffner:

Sticking the one and only output measuring thermometer down inside the device is still as useless as ever for calorimetry purposes. It likely is directly heated by its metal surroundings. The water pulsing out of the device is clearly not 130°C.

I think with this new method this is not so important.
There cannot be a large temperature difference between water steam and metal.

So we can assume the water and the steam are at 120 degree or more.
The pressure is above air pressure always.

When 120 degree water comes out, at air pressure it will immediately start to boil until the water temperature is 100 degrees.

Fortunately they do now measure the amount of water coming out. This opens a simple method for calculating: To calculate the energy we dont need to know all these values. We must only know how much water /finally/ comes out of the hose, because the hose is thermical isolated. We must measure at the end of the hose, then the water has time to vaporize and the steam has time to expand its volume or time to condense until the temperature is 100 centigrade and the pressure is air pressure. So we can assume the outcoming water is at 100 degrees and the (almost dry) steam is at 100.xxxx degrees. If we know the input water flow and temperature and the output water flow the and temperature then we can calculate the energy because the difference must be vaporized at airpressure and 100 degrees. (When output flow < input flow then temperature of steam and water at air pressure must be about 100 centigrade. If this is not the case, then something is wrong)

Best,

Peter