I don't know the last time you inverted a gallon jug of water but the water does not come dribbling out. Since its open to the atmosphere it won't dribble. Or if air can infiltrate from the bottom it won't dribble. I'm not saying the overlying water dosen't give it pressure. We also don't know how long it takes to drain. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace Heffner" <hheff...@mtaonline.net>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Calulations for 1 MW plant.

Joe, could you please explain why the water is ejected at such a high velocity instead of just dribbling out of the tap?

One does not have to measure that it is open to the atmosphere since that is a valid datum. It is no assumption. Assuming it is under pressure is worthless. You did not observe pressure. What experience would you be talking about? Its incredible to me that there would be any significant pressure in something open to the atmosphere. That should be your experience. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace Heffner" <hheff...@mtaonline.net>