On Sep 20, 2011, at 10:36 AM, Joe Catania wrote:

Yes a sealed galon bottle may dribble if a hole is poked but if its vented at the top you should get a steady stream. Or if air enters through the bottom you don't get a dribble! I scan't confirm high velocity flow in the video. Since you can't tell me the rate of flow out the valve we have nothing to discuss. The video runs for about 1 minute 20 seconds before ending and the tank is still emptying. I assume ~20L of water in the tank.

Sigh. Look at the video! Do you hear a gurgle gurgle gurgle or a high powered wooshhhh? The water is obviously under high pressure. The couple atmospheres pressure estimate by others does not seem off. You need a numerical velocity to determine the difference?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace Heffner" <hheff...@mtaonline.net>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Calulations for 1 MW plant.

On Sep 20, 2011, at 8:41 AM, Joe Catania wrote:

I don't know the last time you inverted a gallon jug of water but the water does not come dribbling out.

Of course it does. I didn't say "dripping".  The water flows from a
gallon container in an unsteady stream.  It doesn't spray out at high
velocity as if it were from a pressure washer nozzle. Besides, the
opening on the E-cat was much smaller than a typical gallon bottle.
If you poke a small hole in a gallon bottle it will dribble or drip.

One estimate given for the tank pressure was 2 bar. The water was
above 100°C so some of it flashed to steam. It came from the bottom
of the tank so was likely entirely water before being ejected.

Since its open to the atmosphere it won't dribble. Or if air can infiltrate from the bottom it won't dribble. I'm not saying the overlying water dosen't give it pressure. We also don't know how long it takes to drain.

Aha.  We have a dribble quibble.  8^)

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/