2011/9/20 Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net>:

>> I am amazed why do you have so much difficulties to admit that there is a
>> correlation between steam production rate (i.e. pressure) and enthalpy? Do
>> you discard it only because you were unable to come up with the idea
>> yourself?
>>
> There is a correlation between how fast a vehicle drives and how much gas it
> uses. This correlation means nothing with regards to mileage the vehicle
> gets.  The vehicle could be a Prius which gets 50 miles per gallon (21
> km/liter) , or an army tank which gets 3 gallons per mile (0.142 km/liter).
>  The problem is insufficient known variables.

Your analog is perfect and i could come up better analogy myself. Here
indeed is the key point of your misunderstanding. Idea is that we
should measure the Prius' fuel consumption rate in different
velocities. We can measure the fuel consumption rate for the
velocities of 200 km/h, 150 km/h, 130 km/h, 100 km/h, 55 mph, 10 m/s,
etc. Then we have enough data points to find best fitted function that
expresses the relationship between fuel consumption and the speed.
Then afterwards we can just measure the speed of Prius and we can find
out the fuel consumption rate for any speed e.g. 70 km/h and also we
can let Prius running overnight and then later examine from the speed
logger how much fuel Prius consumed during the overnight run.

You are just utterly mistaken here. Period. Please do not invent silly
excuses, because you are just digging yourself even deeper into quick
sand. You have mistaken and insulting me indirectly does not gain for
you any further respect. It is irrelevant what words do you have for
insulting. Only thing that matter is that how Lawrence perceives them.

   –Jouni