At 10:40 AM 10/5/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
As far as I know it never takes more than 10 or 20 minutes. No one has ever reported that takes longer than this. The test will be at least 12 hours so warm up time is irrelevant. No form of stored chemical energy can power a device of this size at that power level for that duration. It would take roughly 5 gallons of gasoline to do that.

http://lenr.qumbu.com/rossi_ecat_proof_v401.php#fakesbyvolume
For Lewan's Fat-Cat test (2kW excess)
Compressed Hydrogen/Air : 69 hrs
Diesel/Air : 459 hrs
Boron/Air : 1697 hrs

Hmmm ... I forgot to print the total fat-ecat volume in the document ... about 30 litres.

  Only after it's stable, Rossi will begin circulating water in the secondary . . .
I have never heard of anyone doing it that way. You have to circulate water in the secondary loop before the test begins, to show there is no heat measured; i.e., inlet temperature equals outlet temperature.

Rossi said it's open-circuit.

Andrea Rossi
October 4th, 2011 at 3:52 PM October 4th, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Dear Italo:
Open.
Warm Regards,
AR

Eliminating input power seems like a better method to me.
2) Secondary circuit water flow with flowmeter measurements, continually recorded and time stamped
3) Secondary circuit water flow input temperature, continually recorded and time stamped
4) Secondary circuit water flow output temperature, continually recorded and time stamped
5) Sufficient operation time to rule out a conventional reaction
Extraneous data will only serve to complicate what should be very straightforward calculations.
I believe The plans call for points 2 through 5 to be done. 12 hours should be sufficient. The outside observers attending the test will be allowed to look inside the machine and weigh all the components so we will know whether this is long enough to eliminate a chemical source of energy.

My bet : The test will be conclusive.
My expectation : and positive.

Actually, I'd bet something LESS than "the farm" that it will be conclusive AND positive.