Probably, Robin, but the relatively recent discovery of the 65Fe isomer
(which likely has been lurking in the universe for a long time) makes me
wonder if other long-lived isomers have escaped attention, and written off
as statistical errors in mass measurements.

Coaxing 1 gram of 65Fe to ground state would release considerable energy.
 Lots of molecular examples of long-lived metastable systems exist (e.g.,
ammonia NH3, and other chiral molecules).  I am guessing that the decay
products would be very hard to calculate - especially in condensed matter.

I really think this explanation is quite unlikely, but why leave any stone
unturned?