I think you understood that is what I meant. Please do not be
> argumentative. Please do not use straw man arguments.
>
> I am confident there are no hidden wires or tubes going into the reactor.
> If you are not confident of that, fair enough, but please do not bring up
> that issue when we are talking about sources of energy isolated inside the
> reactor.

I was trying to make the argument more compact, not confuse the two
issues.  And it's not a straw man argument.  I don't think that you can
necessarily think of and rule out all the possible ways Rossi can cheat.
That's why an independent test is needed in the first place.

> If you do think an isolated source of chemical fuel in the reactor vessel
> might explain this, please list what sort of chemical device you have in
> mind. How big is it? How much fuel, and how is that fuel reacted? Please do
> say there was something else hidden in the vessel other than the cell, and
> this other object magically defies Archimedes' law.

Maybe someone else who's more of a chemist and electrochemist than I am can
try to put together an exhaustive list.  I'd include, in addition to
various sets of chemicals, issues of things that change state at moderate
temperatures, adsorb to surfaces, and probably many things I have not
thought of yet.   And I maintain that the interior volume available for
cheating is unknown because nobody has recorded it.  What was that finned
thing inside the device?  You're sure it's only a heat exchanger with
active core modules in it?  And you know that how?

In any scam, it's the part you don't get that gets you.  I suspect Rossi
may be cheating but you're right -- I can't name the method or methods.
They may be different and multiple each and every time.  Similarly I don't
know how famous magicians do their illusions.  But if you let me get
independent testing of their props and proper viewing and inspection of the
perfomance, I bet we can find out.  If what we see is not an illusion, we
can find that out too, with proper independent testing.  Same with Rossi.