Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 This appears to be the Houkes data that you're referring to:

> http://lenr-canr.org/RossiData/Houkes%20Oct%206%20Calculation%20of%20influence%20of%20Tin%20on%20Tout.xlsx
>
> I cannot open this file.  I get a zip with dissociated .xml's.
> I know that I'd quickly discounted it in the past . . .

That is in Microsoft Excel format. I will try converting it to Acrobat.

But, I must say that your allusion to
> "the fact that two calorimetric methods were in reasonable agreement"
> is just hogwash.  The secondary calorimetric observations cited previously
> were entirely contingent upon the acceptance of the first.  This is a
> circular argument.

I do not see what you mean. Method 1 is the flow rate and temperature
difference in the cooling loop. Method 2 is the flow rate of the fluid
coming from the reactor, with the assumption that the fluid was all
vaporized, which is reasonable given the temperature. I do not see how one
can be dependent or contingent on the other. Method 1 would work just as
well even if the fluid coming from the reactor was not vaporized, or not
close to boiling.