Abd,

Regarding the absence of gammas -

Don't nanoscale currents store far more inductive momentum/energy than
macro currents do per conduction electron?  For example, see -
"Low Frequency Plasmons in Thin Wire Structures" - JB Pendry
http://www.cmth.ph.ic.ac.uk/photonics/Newphotonics/pdf/wires.pdf

The surface electrons behave as "a low density plasma of very heavy
charged particles."

Correct me if I am wrong, but I surmise that these high effective mass
electrons propagate with extremely high momentum - due to inductive
coupling to other neighboring conduction electrons.  I believe they appear
effectively far more massive in the current flow direction.

If so, is it reasonable to suppose that a high energy gamma would
experience many (anomalously high) dissipative Compton collisions before
escaping as a less energetic photon?  If this is plausible, could we
confirm it, by embedding a few radioactive gamma sources inside nanowires
and observing whether gammas are attenuated and/or directionally scattered
during current flow?

Thanks,
Lou Pagnucco