Abd,

I intend to do some more research on this - plasmonics is pretty dicey.

I'm not sure whether a nanowire has a cross-section large enough to
scatter gammas originating at any significant distance, thoug, unless they
are extremely collimated.

But, I am more optimistic than you are that W-L would pass this test.
According to the calculations in the paper I cited, the enormous effective
(not relativistic) mass of those electrons make each look like a subatomic
battering ram to any particle unfortunate enough to collide with one.

I will try to find a local college with appropriate lab resources.
There's a slim chance I can get it done.
Probably expensive. Too bad I lost the lottery.

Lou Pagnucco