At 03:29 PM 4/5/2012, pagnu...@htdconnect.com wrote:
Abd,

Regarding the absence of gammas -
... is it reasonable to suppose that a high energy gamma would
experience many (anomalously high) dissipative Compton collisions before
escaping as a less energetic photon?  If this is plausible, could we
confirm it, by embedding a few radioactive gamma sources inside nanowires
and observing whether gammas are attenuated and/or directionally scattered
during current flow?

Gamma sources could be placed so that gammas pass through the supposedly active heavy electron patches, and, if W-L theory is real, drastic attenuation should be seen. That attentuation should not be seen with controls. W-L theory requires 100% absorption of the gamma energies that would be generated from neutron absorption, so this should not be difficult to detect.

Since Larsen patented this, it's really on him to demonstrate it. I'm not about to try setting up some complex experiment just to prove a wild theory wrong.

Now, if I had a reason to believe W-L theory, if I were a proponent of it, then, sure, the experiment would be very much in order.

Widom and Larsen are raising a highly unlikely theory *without any experimental evidence specifically supporting it.*

If they published a gamma screen paper, with sufficient detail for replication, and showing their own results, *then* we'd see some movement on this. Until then, it's fancy pie in the sky.

That wouldn't prove W-L theory, but a successful prediction is golden for moving ahead with new science.