Hi Vortex,

I'm thinking of dusting off my experiments. My LabJack is fixed
(Thanks LabJack guys) and I have some nickel alloy powder I am anxious
to try. And I can add a spark plug easily.

DGT said they can trigger the reaction on demand. It sure seems like
their trigger is a single spark or a burst of sparks. Thoughts?

Can anyone recommend a way to create a single or continuous sparks
with a spark plug using off-the-shelf parts? I have a simple frequency
generator (sine/sqr/tri waves) that I can use, which I could hook to
an SCR and send voltage to a coil. But I'd rather use off the shelf...
but a circuit diagram might work too.  Or, could I use something like
a strobe light kit that uses a plug instead of a flashtube?

Rossi's original big blue voltage box.. Could it be putting out high
voltage to spark the "Auxiliary" device?  I can't find a close-up of
the blue box (inside or back) to see if anything looks like a coil. An
early reactor picture here
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dadS9almTsE/TaQl3jSqzcI/AAAAAAAAAi0/KcVR26eDkt0/s1600/e-cats1.jpg
has something off-the-shelf that might be a thermocouple or heater..
but does not look like a spark plug. However, requiring two heaters
always seemed a little odd...

My reactor has the nickel powders in a test tube within the reactor
and external band heater. I can't imagine the sparks would need to
come in contact with the nickel powder. Thoughts?

Looking for volunteers.. :)

- Brad