This is an interesting effect.  I believe the full text (daunting reading)
preprint is available at --

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1206/1206.3145.pdf

I am no expert on this, but my impression is that the heavy
quasi-particles described only exist at relatively low energies, and
probably dissipate quickly in high temperatures, and also are subject to
dynamical constraints.  I would be surprised if they could couple to a
proton and form anything analogous to muonic hydrogen.

-- Lou Pagnucco