Much of our quality of life in the developed world has been enchanced
tremendously due to fossil fuel usage:

Fossil fuels, such as coal, natural gas, and oil, were not used as a source
of energy until the latter half of the 19th century. Prior to that, wind
and water power were used for industrial mills.

As the industrial revolution progressed, steam engines were used to drive
boats and factories, making the use of coal necessary. Widespread use of
electricity for lighting was not needed until the transmission of
electricity and the light bulb were made practical late in the 19th
century. Coal power was the main form used by these early plants.

Oil was used to power steam engines, but it wasn't until the 20th century
and the invention of the internal combustion engine that its demand soared.
After the 1950s, oil became the world's foremost fuel. The automobile and
power plants in the United States created an enormous need for petroleum
fuel. This demand has only increased to the present day.

LENR will drive energy costs to a minimum and further increase the quality
of life for all humans.  Sure, lots of change in industry, governments and
tax structures to support governments, etc. but humans thrive on change and
development.   Look where we have gone with the silicon-based
microprocessor in the past 40 years.  All culminating in....Facebook?