some interesting analysis.

however about taxes, the analysis is short sighted.
if you save 10% of cost for all the economy, the tax on fuel will be no
problems.
tax on sales, work, incomes, can replace that.
tax on fuel are ther not to get money, but to pay the externalities of
foreign resources.
this is why it is low in US, and high in europe.

the big saving will also be the break of renewable energy plan, thate will
save trillions of waste cash. negawatt (energy saving) are also very
expensive, even if often less than oil (in fact I'm not so sure seeing that
on my own house).

with cheaper electric powerplant (less expensive turbine, because
efficiency is less critical), cheaper house (less insulation), no energy
cost, the cost of living will be very much reduced, above the 10% of energy
cost that I quote here...

most of the cost of housing in France is because of increasing regulation,
including insulation.
one third of electricity price increase is renewable (second third is
nuclear safety, third third is oil price)