Remember that Da Vinci wrote his notes upside down and backwards to keep
them secret. It would be ironic if Da Vinci ranted about “snakes and
clowns” during your conversation and that they did not understanding him
and were trying to steal his stuff.

The more things change, the more they stay the same:  Axil