Jed: you fully grasped the total implications of LENR.

Even simple things such as spoons, which have not changed much in
appearance for around 200 years, have changed profoundly in ways we cannot
see, in the manufacturing phase. They will soon change again, with the
introduction of 3-D replicator bot machines.

With the mastery of the internal mechanisms of the atom: the nucleus, we
will have ultimate control over matter itself.

Because of transmutation, any element can be fabricated from water or air
or waste or even form the vacuum energy of the void itself. In the not so
distant future, water will enters a robotic custom product production plant
as feedstock via a pipe and a purpose build custom product will roll off
the production line of the local plant as a finalized manufactured article
without ever needing or seeing a human.

No railroads required, or air conditioning needed, just a pump to move the
water. Elements like gold and platinum will be ubiquitous and will be used
as anti-corrosion plating in lieu of paint based on the ascetics
sensibilities of the customer.

Creation from mere though is within our grasp. But there will be the
mobsters from the Id to contend with: “the Beast, the Mindless
Primitive.”   U235 and Pu239 could be readily available for all those who
would misuse and pervert this godlike power; for all those who would take
their joy from destruction.

It’s amazing how science fiction becomes reality… Cheers:    Axil