Robert Lynn <robert.gulliver.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

As an investor I would be quite OK with it being unreliable, as long as he
> was open and honest about it, allowed proper instrumentation and
> calorimetry, and it worked sometimes, R&D by competent scientists and
> engineers would soon get to the bottom of the unreliability.

Exactly. That is just what I had in mind.

> I wish Rossi would just disappear, he is currently little more than a LENR
> saboteur.

Despite his quirks, he has done a great service to the field, but focusing
people's attention on Ni-H.

He is a pain in the butt. As I said before, he is also like the guy in the
beer ad: The most interesting man in the world.

I think he is a genius. I think he is his own worst enemy. He reminds me of
Edison. His stubborn refusal to compromise or let up on his own heroic self
image reminds me a little of Shakespeare's Coriolanus -- another
distressing Italian guy. Last night I saw the superb film version of that
play by Ralph Fiennes. It blew me away! I sat and watched the whole thing
straight through, twice in a row. What a brilliant idea it is to set that
play so firmly in the 21st Century, with cell phones, Skype and modern
urban warfare. Totally convincing.

It reminds me a little of Ian McKellen's "Richard III" set in the Fascist
1930s. Another fantastic rendition.

Shakespeare never gets old, and never gets irrelevant. His plays might as
well be "torn from the headlines" today, like the "Law and Order" tagline.