From: Chuck Sites

Just to make clear, the nickel was always on the + side of the power supply,

and is described in Wikipedia as the cathode.

Hmm . I'm usually the mildly dyslexic one, but someone is confused: the + or
positively charged electrode is the "anode" in an electrolytic cell, which
is what we are talking about - and the "cathode" is negative (attracts
protons and positive ions).

In a battery, this terminology is reversed, which is probably what they are
referring to. Technically a battery is a galvanic cell, not an electrolytic
cell, since it supplies power. However, to confuse things even more, when
the battery is being charged, instead of supplying charge, it becomes
electrolytic. You could win a bet on that one (or lose it).