I would say just measure the temperature of an open beaker containing the
boron solution.
What you're probably looking after is sudden heat increase due to a kind of
LENR effect.
If such an effect is occurring you should see different slope of the
Temp/time graph you should compose.
Such sudden effect likely occurs when a certain hydrogen saturation in the
coin metal lattice has occurred.

If you want an extra reference you could use a second identical beaker and
use only graphite rods in the same solution. Both setups can be connected
to the same power supply, but measure the current in both setups, since the
'all graphite' beaker will likely have a different overall resistance.
Graphite rods are cheap and can be bough for a few dollars in any art
materials shop.