From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Sep 21, 2012 4:44 pm
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Good Alloy for Celani type reaction costs 5 cents : Chuck
Sites

From:Chuck Sites

Just to make clear, the nickel was always on the +side of the power supply,

and is described in Wikipedia as the cathode.

Hmm … I’m usually the mildlydyslexic one, but someone is confused: the + or
positively charged electrode isthe “anode” in an electrolytic cell, which is
what we are talkingabout - and the “cathode” is negative (attractsprotons and
positive ions).

In a battery, this terminology is reversed, which is probably what theyare
referring to. Technically a battery is a galvanic cell, not an
electrolyticcell, since it supplies power. However, to confuse things even
more, when thebattery is being charged, instead of supplying charge, it becomes
electrolytic.You could win a bet on that one (or lose it).