Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've heard that the story of overcutting trees causing and ecologic is a
> legend.

Not according to J. Diamond and other recent books. They cut all the trees
to erect the statues. When a wooden British sailing ship arrived decades
later, they came aboard and they were thrilled to see wood again. They
reportedly stroked the wood in tears. It was one of the spooky moments in
human history. We will feel the same way if we manage to flood the coasts
and destroy North American agriculture with global warming -- as we may
well do. We will pay a tremendous price for a trivial benefit. To say a few
pennies per kilowatt hour we would destroy our food supplies and turn the
whole nation into a stinking desert!