It will be interesting to see how well the stainless steel holds up.  I tried a
stainless steel spoon as an electrode and it worked fairly well but eventually
began to rust.  Perhaps the quality of steel makes a difference.

I have spend most of the last two days calibrating my system and testing a
control nickel.  A function has been obtained that charts the power input as a
function of the electrolyte bath temperature increase.  If you take the
difference in temperature between the bath at power and ambient and use the
following relationship, you arrive at the nominal power inputted to my system.
This assumes that there is no excess power and that is pretty well proven with
a new nickel.  The formula is Power = .0181*Delta Temp*Delta Temp + .4204*Delta
Temp.  This is a second order relationship which includes the point 0,0 by
definition.

My electrolysis bath measures 9.8425 cm by 15.875 cm with a depth of
approximately 1/2 the diameter of a nickel.  The area is 156.25 square cm.  The
bottom and all four sides are insulated by Styrofoam while the top is open to
the air.

My main test region is centered upon a power input of 20 watts with 2 amps of
current.

I performed a quick calculation of the radiation losses and it is apparent that
most of the heat is escaping elsewhere.

At the moment I am torn between wanting to treat my copper colored heat treated
nickel with acid or continuing to look for excess heat before that step.  I
will make that decision tomorrow.

Dave