The best evidence for hive minds are in hives -- bee hives and ant
colonies. Among larger animals, the best evidence is in the coordinated
movement of schools of fish and flocks of birds. Here is an astounding
video of starling flocks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH-groCeKbE

Despite this, I doubt that birds or fish have any extrasensory
communication. I suppose they communicate by ordinary senses, and they
signal by sound or movement. However, their ability to respond with speed
and precision to signals from others members of the flock is astounding.
Like many other biological phenomena, it seems almost supernatural.