Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

> Jed, it's entirely up to you the credibility you assign to those reports.

The people seem credible but you never know. As I said, I am not the
police. I have not run background checks.

It does not matter how credible these reports are if Rossi never gets
around to selling anything. He seems to be stuck in a classic development
loop where the next version is so wonderful no version ever makes it to the
market. In software this would be the "Duke Nuke'em" trap. The Doble
steam-powered automobile and many other brilliant innovations failed
because of this.

My grandfather Sundel Doniger was an inventor. He never would have made a
dime if his brother-in-law Uncle Danny had not periodically told him: "Stop
developing it. Stop improving it! Ship the product!!!"

> I advised him and the people financing him to concentrate on developing IP
>> instead of building megawatt reactors. They ignored me.
>>

> The story told here by Jed is plausible. In a way, though, it's a
> variation on the "he's crazy" story. I.e., he's not crazy as he appears,
> he's pretending to be crazy. But, Jed, that's actually a form of crazy.

I don't think so. Patterson had the same strategy but he wasn't crazy.

Ed Storms thinks that Rossi is incapable of developing good IP so he has no
choice but to pursue the go-for-broke development strategy. Ed suspects
Rossi does not understand the reaction well enough to write a valid patent.
I wouldn't know.

If a bad business strategy is a sign of insanity, everyone in the dot-com
boom and most of Wall Street would crazy. Come to think of it . . . maybe
they are. Credit swaps, derivatives and other "fiscal weapons of mass
destruction" as Warren Buffett calls them are crazy.