At 11:28 AM 12/31/2012, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:
From Ashfield:

> ... I am puzzled by your [Jed's] statement that you have spoken to large
> investors who confirm the E-Cat works

That certainly is an intriguing statement coming from Mr. Rothwell.

Jed has said things like this many times. It's obvious that there are people convinced by Rossi, but what it means that they "confirm" that Rossi's device works is unknown. What did they actually observe? Jed may know, but this is ultimatey hearsay. It may be enough to convince Jed, because he knows whom he is talking about, and their reliability and caution, or, what would be more important *what they actually observed*.

What we also know is that it is possibe for a highly knowledgeable observer to see a Rossi demonstration, and to walk away convinced that the thing is real, and yet the demonstration was no, on review, conclusive. Not only were certain reasonable possibilities overlooked, it seems likely, from evidence we have, that those possiblities were actually happening. I.e., there was overflow water, not just steam.

(But we can't be sure.)

What’s frustrating about all of this, at least from my perspective, is the fact that we had yet to see anything from Rossi that seems to be even close to be considered a commercial product. All I’ve seen (and read about) has been nothing more than a lot of hot air. Granted, there seems to be tantalizing evidence and lots of grandiose promises coming from Rossi. However, what is significant is that Rossi never allows his tantalizing evidence to be independently validated – that that certainly puts the kibosh on his credibility, and righty so. Maybe Rossi will finally pull a rabbit out of the hat. I sure hope so, but who the hell knows. I sure as hell don’t.

Right. We don't know. Rossi promised the moon. It was obviously flamboyant and extravagant. Why a megawatt power plent? Why make it so big? Rossi could sell investigational devices, unapproved for general use, like hotcakes, if they would just do what he's claimed he could do.

The standard explanation, Jed makes it, is he's crazy. However, "crazy" doesn't increase my confidence! Crazy people will sometimes lie and cheat. It is possible to arrange truly convincing demonstrations, if the inventor can control the conditions and doesn't mind a little fraud. It's all in a good cause, after all. We'll have the real thing by next month, so it won't matter if we fudge a little this time.

Real inventors can think like that, and it isn't necessarily illegal! Depends on what *investors* actually see. But if he's crazy, there goes all restraint against defrauding investors!

The only conclusion that makes any sense to me is to speculate that these unnamed “investors” (who presumably have confirmed the fact that there really is something to Rossi’s e-Cats), are doing everything within their power to make sure that Rossi works out the flaws before potential competition catches wind. One of the best ways to help ensure that they stay in first place would be to continue to insinuate to potential competition the impression that Rossi’s organization is highly flawed, or worse, fraudulent. That seems to have been easy to accomplish! ;-) Don’t bother looking into the matter. Move along… move along… nothing to see here.

Yeah, we've figured that one out. And I don't see a way to distinguish the difference between a fake Rossi con and a real one.

There is one way to deal with it. Make it dangerous. Vigorously puruse alternate research. Rossi has no patent rights on secrets. If his patent requires a magic sauce, it's dead.

Again, I’m left with the assumption that there must still remain serious flaws and impediments to the commercialization of Rossi’s eCats. Will Rossi work out the flaws before the competition finally catches wind? It would appear that Mr. Rothwell doesn’t think so. History may prove him right.

My crystal ball is here somewhere, I know it! I really need to clean this place up!