On Jan 29, 2013, at 2:08 PM, Randy wuller wrote:

Ed:

The housing bubble didn't almost bring down the entire world economy. That is pure sensationalism. As with any bubble, when it pops those holding the bag usually suffer. In the case of 2008, the bag holders got the world governments to spread the suffering.

That conclusion is in conflict with what was claimed at the time and provided justification for the Tarp funding. As for pessimism, this is the description someone applies when they do not believe what is being described. The description is acknowledged as being a true representation of reality if a person believes what is said. The question at this point is, who's view of reality is correct? In 2008 and in 1929, a "pessimist" would have taken their money out of the stock market. The optimist did not. Your choice. We all make choices that have consequences and these choices must be based on what is real. I'm trying to understand what is real. Are you?

By the way, what ends the age of pessimism? Do people get their jobs and homes back? How soon does this happen?

Ed

Your comments sound like many of the doomsday predictors, "peak oil" etc so prevalent today. Your concern is understandable given this age of pessimism but instead of getting worked up maybe you should stick to LENR, if that technology verifies this age of pessimism will certainly end and all your concerns will evaporate. By the way, my take is that this age of pessimism is going to end soon even without LENR.

----- Original Message -----
From: Edmund Storms
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Cc: Edmund Storms
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Another article about the impact of automation on employment

On Jan 29, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

Ed Storms wrote:

Thanks Mark. Their view of reality differs significantly from what the
people I read describe. I tend to believe my people because they
predicted the 2008 collapse while Krugman did not. . . .

Krugman did predict it, and warned against it several times. Such as here, in 2005:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/27/opinion/27krugman.html?_r=0

He repeatedly described the banks' investments in real estate as junk.

Jed, I read this article and I see no concern except the usual generalities. He observes that a bubble was being created in the housing market. He even observed, apparently approvingly, that the government would create another after this one bursts, although he did not anticipate the way this is presently being done. He made no mention that this bubble would almost bring down the entire world ecconomy. I will give him some credit, He was not as calm about the problem as was Sir Greenspan. Meanwhile, other people were very exact about what would happen and when - three years later from this article.

In fact the
difference is frightening similar to that earlier. Krugman sees no
problem with the status quo while the people I read are in a panic.

Wrong again. He is very much against the status quo. He is not in a panic for the same reason I am not, and my mother would not be. It is a personality thing.

I also do not like to be in a panic. As a result, I lost a lot of money during the 2008 collapse by not taking the panic seriously. I do not intend to let this happen again.

Ed

We don't get into a tizzy, perhaps even when we should. Case in point: my mother was riding a trolley car past the Blair House on November 1, 1950. President Truman was living there while the White House was being rebuilt. There was a series of loud bangs. Someone said, "they're trying to assassinate the president!!" My mother said, "don't be silly; it is just a car backfiring" and went back to her newspaper. It turned out someone was trying to assassinate the president.

- Jed

No virus found in this message.