Time to work toward implementing a Second Income Plan.

The idea originated with the late Louis O. Kelso, father of the Employee Stock
Ownership Plan used by 11,000 companies. It does not depend upon jobs or
savings. See SECOND INCOMES at www.aesopinstitute.org for the most recent
version.

Kelso saw automation coming. He believed it could liberate humans from toil,
work we do not choose to do. He believed that by about age 50 almost everyone
in America could receive sufficient income from diversified investments to
allow toil to drop to perhaps 20 hours per week.

That achievement could make possible the first genuinely free society in human
history. If we are wise, we will bring it into being as rapidly as is humanly
possible.

Here is a link to an excellent article about Kelso’s ideas:  We Are For
Economic Justice   by Gary Reber
http://foreconomicjustice.org/11/economic-justice/#comment-2388

Poverty would be eradicated and inequality dramatically reduced in a manner
totally consistent with our highest ideals. "Enact the Capital Homestead Act to
create new owners of future productive capital investment in businesses
simultaneously with the growth of the economy and thereby broaden private,
individual ownership of America's future capital wealth. The CHA would enable
every man, woman and child to establish a Capital Homestead Account or "CHA" (a
super-IRA or asset tax-shelter for citizens) at their local bank to acquire a
growing dividend-bearing stock portfolio to supplement their incomes from work
and all other sources of income."

This link provides a video introduction to this plan:
http://youtu.be/odDGX8q2o3I

Mark

Mark Goldes
Co-Founder, Chava Energy