Chris Zell <chrisz...@wetmtv.com> wrote:

**
> The danger involved, for one thing, is the waste of vital capital in
> pursuit of solutions that aren't real.
>

> If not, wind, solar and nukes aren't going to replace oil.

As I said, wind and nukes are cheaper than oil when you include the price
of wars in the Middle East, and terrorism by Al Qaeda which is paid for by
the money we spend on oil. We would bankrupt Al Quaeda if we stopped buying
oil. What do you think the so-called war on terror is costing us?

> Our global economy is hanging by gossamer threads.  We will be doing well
> if we still have jobs in a decade, or food we can afford, or water we can
> drink.

Technical solutions to these problems are right in front of us. We can make
food with food factories and water from desalination. Not only would these
things be affordable, they would soon be cheaper than today's food and
water. There is capital in abundance. Trillions of dollars are sloshing
around without a home. The US government is paying negative interest on
savings.

If we have any lack of water, food or energy, it will be because we stupid.
As Clarke wrote in 1963: "If, as is perfectly posĀ­sible, we are short of
energy two generations from now, it will be through our own incompetence.
We will be like Stone age men freezing to death on top of a coal bed."

Our problems are caused by human nature, fear and politics. Not by the
limits of technology, and not by the expense, which is mostly negative.
Meaning most of the solutions would save money.