Chris Zell <chrisz...@wetmtv.com> wrote:

> Dismissing Wall Street opinion on alternative energy investment leaves me
> a bit speechless - as the very manifestation of the mindset condemned in
> others at the start of this thread.  Goes full circle, I guess.

Business investment is not an exact science. It is not really a science at
all. It is more like professional gambling such as poker. You cannot
compare it to people finding fossilized coral.

Running a business does take expertise. You would think that with all the
people out there knowledgeable about business, someone would invest in cold
fusion. But history shows that business people often miss opportunities.
For many years no one in California would invest in the transcontinental
railroad project, or help push Washington to fund it. Even after Lincoln
got on board they had trouble finding investors. That turned out to be the
most lucrative investment in history.