Brad Lowe <ecatbuil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing we can agree on: Any "solution" proposed to fight global warming
> will cost trillions of dollars (short of a breakthrough in LENR, or a
> nuclear renaissance).

I guess so, but to put it another way, any solution will *earn* trillions
of dollars. The money will not be wire transferred to Mars. Unlike the
money spent on wars, it will produce positive values in addition to
preventing global warming.

For example, imagine a massive project to produce synthetic liquid fuel in
the U.S. from wind and solar sources. As I have mentioned, from wind alone
the U.S. could produce more liquid fuel than the Middle East produces oil.
That would be very profitable for us. It would cost a lot initially, but in
the end we would be raking in more money than Saudi Arabia and the other
countries in the Middle East. The fuel would not only be carbon neutral, it
would be very pure and it would cause no pollution. This would be a
tremendous benefit even if it turns out global warming is not caused by
CO2. With plug-in hybrid cars we could power every automobile on earth with
this source.

You may think this would take a long time. Not necessarily. Consider how
long it took the U.S. to build 1,200 warships during WWII: about three
years.

That is assuming:

1. Cold fusion does not come along.

2. Liquid synthetic fuel really can be produced as cheaply as projections
indicate. I think that is likely.