Dear Dennis, Re going from small experiment to grand system:
I think actually there are two steps:
- low intensity, low reliability excess heat; (LENR)
- high intensity enhanced excess heat (LENR+)
The main difference is the mechanism of NAE-genesis and the temporal
density of these active sites. LENR+ is a highly dynamic process.
LENR  can be scaled up only via LENR+.
What Rossi has found is this enhancement; he has problems with controlling
it.
Defkalion -is creating engineering of an other variant of LENR +
See please for example:
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2013/02/strategic-principles-of-lenr-and-their.html
the sequel to it and few other New Energy writings on my blog Ego Out.

The great question is: what has George Miley, LENR or LENR+?

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania