An interesting point worth pursuing, at some point - is what nickel alloy has a
Curie point in the range of the HotCat core, and is also known to be active
with hydrogen? Is there a high temperature alloy with high CP which is also
hexavalent?

The common alloys for high temperature Curie points include cobalt as the
highest by far – but is Cobalt ever hexavalent?

Wiki says no, maximum of 5 - but I say yes – cobalt is ferromagnetic with high
Curie point and is hexavalent, despite the Wiki pronouncement.

In fact, we all contain this factoid in our very essence (precious bodily
fluids, even?)

Vitamin B12 is completely built around hexavalent cobalt. Case closed.

Wiki can be completely wrong on important details, on occasion.

Jones

There is a common phenomenon in LENR known as temperature ratcheting. Other
names are used.

And yes, the “magic” does seem to occur when power is temporarily removed.

The best guess for “why” involves both strain - due to phase change and also
spin changes, due possibly to near-field magnetic effects

The level at which power is temporarily removed often corresponds to phase
changes in nickel particularly around the Curie Temp.

One of the surprises of HotCat is its temperature is much higher than the Ni
Curie point, which may indicate that a nickel alloy is now being used.

Jones