Jed says the cable contains secret IP. Talk to him about it; I'm only the messenger. Just a few posts down.

As for you getting pissed off at god-knows-what; enjoy it - the acid is good for you.

Andrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Fletcher" <a...@well.com>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Spice model explains eCat non-exponential waveform, supports David Roberson's linear-response theory

From: "Andrew" <andrew...@att.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:09:36 PM
Let's make sure I understand these 4 plots. I understand your diagram
thus:

The blue square wave goes through your toy model and emerges as the
green double exponential.
The blue triangular wave goes through your toy model and emerges as
the green curve that looks very like the power curve in the report.
The toy model describes a thermal simulation which translates
electrical input to the device to radiant power output.

OK so far?

Yes.

Assuming yes, here's what I think you've shown. The control box
consumes power as a square wave (which is what the report measures
on the input side), and outputs a triangular wave to the device. The
device's output power profile (radiant heat) comes out as per the
report. Bazinga.

Bazingafeathers. The control box (blue and yellow) consumes a few watts (think laptop). It controls the Triacs (lets talk single phase -- the black-and-yellow boxes) which lose quite a few watts (therefore the grilled enclosure).

The blue "on/off" square wave is just the average power run through the triac, which modulates the power by clipping the sine wave. If you really, really wanted to, you could modulate the triac with a triangular pattern and you would get the wavy line.

The only problem is that the cable between the control box and the
device contains "secrets". That's your next reverse-engineering
mission :)

There are NO secrets in the cable. Rossi may have discovered that an overall wave-shape other than a square-wave or triangle wave works wonders. But what it is DOESN'T FURGING MATTER.