Yes Eric I can, but only in terms of my theory. As you know, I believe small gaps are required that are created by stress relief. So, what would Rossi have to react Ni with to create stress in the surface? The reaction would have to result in a compound having a high melting point, low sintering rate, a very small stress, and a brittle structure at the surface. A search of the various stable chemical compounds Ni can form reveal materials that can work. These are limited to formation of borides, silicides, or carbides. Further examination can isolate the concentration of each that would create the required stress. Once the require gap is formed and loaded with Hydrotons, it becomes stable and will not close or get larger without a large investment of energy. Rossi demonstrated that the gap is stable well above 800° C, which is an important revelation and essential to eventual application of the method.

My guess is that he reacts the Ni with low pressure SiH4 gas before it is exposed to H2, after which it is heated to the operating temperature. This is something you do not want to do at home, but it may be a useful approach to explore.

Ed Storms