Try to be serious Cude.  You know that you would find fault with any test
system regardless of its performance.  Your record speaks for itself.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 4, 2013 7:02 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:A Couple Hundred Bucks Maybe...

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have significant experience with flow calorimeters. I would say:

1. It would end up costing much more than a few hundred dollars.

True. But not more than 10k for an off-the-shelf unit. That sounds like a
bargain for what Rossi's doing.

> 2. It would take weeks of testing and futzing around to make it work.

> 3. It would clog up and it would leak. They always do. I would hate to work
> with something like this running constantly for months!

Not if it's off-the-shelf. It would be designed to work for months,and would
certainly be adequate for days, which is what these experiments were run for.

> 4. The skeptics would find a hundred reasons to doubt it, as they did with
> Rossi's other flow calorimeters (some of which I will grant were not good).

Well, if he produced steam, then yes. Otherwise, a repeat of Levi's experiment
was repeatedly requested, but never done. How hard would it be to measure the
temperature in the water flow, and if you circulate water from a large tank,
even better. You say skeptics can't be pleased, but the experiments specified
for the steam cat were simply never done, so how can you know. And now he's
abandoned that configuration and is doing something totally different, with its
own problems.

> No test can answer all questions or lay to rest all doubts.

Of course it can. At least any doubts about the existence of a new source of
energy. An isolated thing that heats a lot of water would do it, under suitable
scrutiny..