Hi,
[snip]
>Hydrogen seems to "disappear" but in fact it has "shrunk" down in effective
>volume to a state where its increased magnetic susceptibility can draw it
>deep into the valence cloud of a ferromagnetic atom (nickel). The fractional
>hydrogen (f/H) having given up its angular momentum energy then becomes
>bound to such an extent that when tested - in mass spectrometers, much of
>what is really a molecule (Ni-H) will look exactly like mass-29, which is
>copper, instead of mass-28 which is nickel.
[snip]
This isn't quite right. e.g. 62Ni has a mass of 62, but a charge of 28. 63Cu has
a mass of 63 and a charge of 29.

1) If you add a shrunken H to Ni, then you add a neutral particle, so the mass
increases, but the charge remains the same. IOW it would look like 63Ni, but
would not be radioactive.

2) If you somehow manage to add a lone proton (rather than a shrunken H atom) to
an inner electron shell of the Ni, then you increase both mass and charge, so
the resultant atom would look much like 63Cu. Chemically identical, but
fractionally heavier (because the proton has excess mass which hasn't been lost
in a nuclear reaction).

3) If you add something along the lines of Hydrinohydride (i.e. a negative ion),
then overall charge neutrality demands that an electron be ejected, so you end
up with a pseudo nucleus with a mass that is heavier by one, but with a charge
that is less by one. I.e. in this case it would look like 63Co (Chemistry & SIMS
- but slightly heavier ), but would not be radioactive.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk