Alan Fletcher quoted MFMP:

We had the fortune to be in direct Skype chat contact with Mats Lewin
> during the experiment and it was definitely live, we were able to ask Mats
> to pose questions, challenges and do additional testing during the run and
> saw near real time responses including watching him respond to our requests

This, together with the fact that the demo was many hours long, is an
interesting situation.  People were able to send Mats Lewan a question, and
he could take steps to look into it.  At least in theory, either

   - he would track down the piece of information,
   - or he would be prevented from doing it for some reason (e.g.,
   "intellectual property").

Since the investigation can proceed in an iterative fashion, and there is
plenty of time to pursue it, skeptics have an opportunity to ask that
actions be taken, like moves on a chessboard.  If Defkalion are faking,
they must either shift things around and change the fake, or they must
prevent Lewan from looking at something, or they must devise a very
sophisticated fake.  With the information obtained from the last move,
observers can then come up with the next query.  So presumably you could
get either to a checkmate (there's something obvious that is preventing
critical information from being disclosed) or you could get to a situation
where nothing is obviously amiss, even after looking into various details.

This approach does not guarantee no funny business, but Defkalion would
have to be audacious and brave to submit to those rules if they are trying
to game things (watching the video right now, I see no indication that they
are).  It would be nice if future demonstrations were to have this
interactive component, and skeptics were to come up with a kind of protocol
to rule out the simple fakes up front, requiring them to focus their
attention on more sophisticated ruses than cheese power.

Eric