Craig <cchayniepub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is a better test than the one that Levi and company performed. This
> is a complete and total, independent, replication of Rossi's method;
> even if they don't plan to write it up.

I did not see this test, but I gather the instruments were supplied by
Defkalion, and the only independent observer was Mats. I think it is better
to have a group of independent observers. Plus:

They should use their own instruments.

They should spend a week or two, returning several times with improved
instruments and techniques.

They should think about what they saw for a few weeks, draft a paper, and
discuss it among themselves before publishing. This is better than jumping
to a conclusion in real time. You make fewer mistakes.

Science is done best at a slow, deliberate pace, with rigor.

As I said, a video demonstration has value. In some ways it is better than
a test, but it is no substitute for a test.