We are discussing a complicated issue.  All old people and young people are not
the same and it is not fair to stereotype everyone.  It has been my observation
that people tend to think in manners that are a result of their life
experiences.  An older scientist with a clear open mind has the ability to
bring a vast amount of experience to the table.  He has already made
uncountable mistakes in judgement about nature whereas the youngster has just
started finding that he does not understand everything about the universe.

Some of our friends on this list harbor a lot of knowledge that they can and do
offer to the discussions.  It is critical to listen to what they have to say
about new ideas since these can be filtered by their past experiences.  The
young guys are brave and willing to make mistakes which is a good thing as long
as they continue to learn from these.

It is refreshing to find some of the older scientists willing to speculate
about LENR in open discussions where they understand that some of their ideas
might be ridiculed.  There is no shame in finding yourself defending your
beliefs as long as the penalty is not too severe.

All I request is that people keep asking questions about unexpected
observations and not be of the firm belief that they have all the answers.
Whether young or old, anyone with the proper mental state can find important
pieces to the complex puzzle that we call LENR and we should encourage their
inputs.  One day soon the operation of these devices will be understood and we
will all look back and see how the evidence was there the entire time.

Dave