It has been conjectured that the Ni/H reactor produces Rydberg matter based
nanoparticles of hydrogen condensate upon the application of spark
excitation.

The unexpectedly high temperatures produced in the GEN3 experiments may
have been produced from the explosion of these clusters of gas
nanoparticles under the excitation of ultraviolet and x-rays. As the energy
of this EMF goes up so does the explosive power of the clusters.

Energy levels in bulk materials are significantly different from materials
in the nanoscale. Let’s, put it this way: Adding energy to a confined
system such as a cluster is like putting a tiger in a cage. A tiger in a
big zoo with open fields will act more relaxed, because he has a lot of
room to wander around. If you now confine him in smaller and smaller areas,
he gets nervous and agitated. It's a lot that way with electrons. If
they're free to move all around through a metal, they have low energy. Put
them together in a cluster and beam x-rays on them, they get very excited
and try to get out of the structure.

In getting to the breaking point, when the ionized cluster eventually
reaches an ionization limit where the remaining electrons cannot sustain
the structural integrity of the cluster any longer, an explosive
disintegration of the cluster and subsequent plasma expansion of the
positive ions and electrons which once formed the cluster occurs.

Multi-electron ionization of molecules and clusters can be realized by
photoionization of strong x-ray photons.

The multi-electron ionization leads to an explosive disintegration of the
cluster together with the production of multi-charged atomic ions
fragments.

The kinetic energy of the product ions formed by this explosion is of the
order of several or tens eV in a diatomic molicule, hundreds of eV in small
van der Waals(VDW) clusters,  and 100 KeV to 1 MeV in large (n > 1000) VDW
clusters.

What causes this accelerating weakening of the structure under the
onslaught of x-ray photons radiation is “barrier suppression ionization”.

The initial arrival of x-ray photons begin the formation of plasma that is
localized within the cluster itself.

The electrons initially dislodged by the x-ray photons orbit around the
outside of the cluster. These electrons lower the coulomb barrier holding
the electrons that remain orbiting the cluster’s inner atoms. These
remaining electrons reside in the inner orbits closer in to the nuclei of
their atoms.

Excess electric negative charge in the gas carrying the clusters will also
add to the suppression of the coulomb barrier further supporting cascading
cluster ionization.

When enough electrons are removed, the structure of the cluster cannot
sustain itself any longer and the cluster explodes.