Jones,

I also wish that other spectral anomalies were observed - besides the
broadband soft X-ray/EUV apparently due to hydrogen, but I believe that
the 19.29 nm line is due to the oxidized cathode/anode surfaces -
oxygen contamination.

However, I think this is a good experiment to repeat with higher voltages,
higher currents and densities, stronger confining magnetic fields, etc.
The Sternglass experiment could be repeated with minor modification.

Still, if my speculation that high-energy, non-stationary e-p collisions
generate the X-rays/EUV is correct, then perhaps a higher current/voltage,
continuous plasma channel version would also generate neutrons, as seen
by Sternglass.

 -- Lou Pagnucco