Dave,

To me it appears you are making two assumptions, which is OK but should be
qualified

1). Space is empty and not full of energetic particles/cosmic rays that
will penetrate and decay you and ruin your trip

2) Time actually exists and is not really just a rate of decay, ie on Earth
we all decay over 80 or so quantum orbits around the Sun, some of us faster
than others, depending upon vacuum density, which varies because we are not
in a smooth quantum vacuum field in space or on Earth.

Einstein said time was an illusion which I believe to be true.