I wrote:

> No.   I think you're caught up in some sort of conspiracy mindset loop.  I
>> think there are a lot of people that want to believe but have burned by too
>> many measurement errors.
>>

> There have not been many measurement errors. I'll bet you can't list more
> than five.

Let me add that waving your hands and claiming there have been "too many
measurement errors" does not actually mean there have been too many
measurement errors. People invent these "problems" out of whole cloth and
then assume they exist.

There are some bad measurements in cold fusion experiments, but those
experiments are seldom held up as examples of the effect. They are not
listed by Storms in his book. Most of the really bad measurements were done
in experiments that produced no heat, or they were done in experiments
where people tried to measure other parameters and ignored the heat, such
as at Kamiokande.

You can find bad measurements and sloppy work in any branch of science. Or
for that matter in any branch of programming, banking, farming, the
military or any other human activity.