ChemE Stewart <cheme...@gmail.com> wrote:

We need some of your robots

I wonder how Google's self driving car would handle this.

What we need is less commuting and more telecommuting and satellite
offices. If most people lived within walking distance of their office, many
able bodied people would walk, leaving the roads open to pregnant women and
the like.

Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I hoofed it in the Snowjam of 1982 over 5 miles from the Veteran's
> hospital to Memorial Dr.  Cars had blocked all lanes at the hospital
> trying to get up the hill.  I decided I would not do this again.  I
> made it; but, I ruined a nice suit and shoes.

I put some old shoes in the car when it is fixin' to snow (as they say
around here).

> I watch traffic
> bunch up on I-75 for an hour and decided to split Buckhead at 12:30
> pm.  The snow started when I hit the interstate.  My dashcam:

That's nifty. Why do you have a dashcam? In case you have an accident?
That's why people have them in Russia. They are very common. Which is why
they got so many videos of the Chelyabinsk meteor.