Dave, I am saying if you carefully measured her final speed while
considering losses due to friction and drag, her final speed would be
slightly greater than could be explained by conservation of angular
momentum alone. This is because she does some work in order to bring her
arms inwards. In effect she has converted some internal chemical energy
into angular momentum. Or is this wrong?

Harry