Thinking further along these lines:

The Israelis are up there with the Italians in tolerance of cold fusion
research among their ranks.  Moreover, they are _very_ adept at covert
activity -- particularly relating to geopolitics regarding the middle east
such as oil.

What I would look for as an "intelligence signature" would be firms with
known Israeli ties making investments consistent with the discounting of
the long-term value of middle eastern crude assets in the ground, while
other firms are not.