On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Randy Wuller <rwul...@freeark.com> wrote:
>

>> I am just not convinced a Prize is necessary.  What is the chance any of
>> the players, Rossi, DGT, Lenuco, Brilluion etc have something that will be
>> convincing to the public, if so no Prize is necessary.
>>

> I agree.
>
> Actually, if Rossi or one of the others convinces investors, we do not
> need them to convince the public. It seems Rossi has convinced Cherokee, so
> I guess we do not need an X-prize.

That's true if Rossi has a handle on the science.  There is wide-spread
opinion among genuine skeptics (not to be confused with true believers in
the bureaucratic interpretation of physical theory) that what Rossi has is
more likely a technique that is more replicable and higher magnitude than
the FPE, but little better in terms of theory.

If that is the case, progress in engineering will be exceedingly costly
until a scientific research program is executed by those who have access to
Rossi's device or devices with similar replicability.  Since all of those
devices are, at present, under non-disclosure agreement, a key dimension of
scientific discourse is missing and progress in development must be
indefinitely delayed.