Craig <cchayniepub...@gmail.com> wrote:

Borders are opening up as people are now able to trade with each other
> without the expensive exchange rate tax, which every merchant in every
> third-world country experiences when he tries to compete with countries
> which do not want his government's currency.

Surely we can find a solution to that problem that does not involve a
ponzi-scheme currency that fluctuates in value by hundreds of dollars a
day, and that is wide open to the largest theft in the history of banking.

> No longer need people be burdened by expensive transaction fees which can
> cost upwards of $50, and a day's time, to send money to some other part of
> the world.

I often buy things in Japan with a credit card, such as books from
Amazon.com Japan. It takes no time at all. It is no different from buying
things from a U.S. vendor. The bank charges a little extra for the currency
conversion. You can send money to people in Japan with PayPal, I believe.

Maybe this is not an option in the third world, but I suppose it could be.
I have seen web sites in Guatemala recently that take credit cards.

I will grant, buying with a credit card is not an anonymous, untraceable
transaction. I know that libertarians and drug dealers want it it be
anonymous and untraceable, but I don't care about that, and I suppose most
people do not care.

Bitcoin will be to money, what email is to the telephone, and what the
> telephone is to mail: Revolutionary!

Bitcoin is to the telephone as the "burner" throw-away cell phones are to
regular cell phones: an ideal way to conduct criminal activities.